Serves 2 (with extra compote for later 😉 )
For the compote:
- 3 sweet eating apples e.g. Royal Gala
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice or water
For the cauliflower coconut cream:
- 200g frozen cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of your chosen MACACHA blend
Optional to serve: lemon zest, oats, granola, coconut chips, raw cacao nibs
- Quarter and core the apples (no need to peel them). Chop into a chunky dice and place in a saucepan with the orange juice or water.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a gentle simmer, leave to cook for 15-20 minutes or until you can mash the pieces to a chunky puree with a wooden spoon. Turn the heat off then add the blueberries and gently fold through. Leave to cool. (It will keep in the fridge for a week.)
- Take your pre-frozen cauliflower florets and add them to a high speed blender with the coconut milk and MACACHA, blend until you have a super smooth, creamy purée.
- Spoon the cream into bowls and top with your compote and freshly grated lemon zest. To make it into a more substantial breakfast or snack you can add a sprinkle of oats, granola, coconut chip or raw cacao nibs 😀