Any day is a good day for protein pancakes! Savoury or sweet, we'll flippin have them and so will Louisa Drake, founder of Louisa Drake Method. Check out her favourite way to enjoy our blends, plus her super speedy pancake recipe.
How do you work MACACHA into your workout?
Pre-workout smoothie in the morning before I leave the flat or for a post-workout pick me up mid-morning - I simply shake up a sachet with a nut milk. Macacha plant protein tastes so good without needing to add to many extras and offers clever blends that support my system especially important for a busy person like myself - I just shake & go!
Whats your favourite flavour, and your favourite way to have it?
I love both Peace & Energy MACACHA plant protein and can’t wait to try the Beauty blend. Plant protein pancakes and protein balls are my two successful cooking attempts...check out my pancake recipe below!
Louisa’s Macacha protein pancakes
Makes 8 x fluffy pancakes
Prep time - 2 minutes. Cook time - 10 mins
- 125g gluten-free self-raising flour or regular self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 x large egg (I use organic free range)
- 300ml of plant-based milk
- 1 x teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 x sachet or a scoop of MACACHA plant protein, Energy or Peace
- Heat a pan with 1 x teaspoon of coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, salt, egg, milk and MACACHA then combine together for a smooth pancake batter.
- When the coconut oil has melted it’s time to add the batter. Add 2-3 tablespoons to the pan, shape and leave for 1 minute then flip when light brown and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with your favourite toppings!
- Sliced banana, nut butter, cinnamon & maple syrup
- Coyo yoghurt with fresh fruit such as blueberries, raspberries, pomegranate & maple syrup