This week we continue our summer-themed posts with a natural body scrub! Next week we’ll tell you all about our favourite natural tanners, so what better way to start than with a natural buff of the skin!
This DIY recipe is super quick and super easy to make – just 5 minutes and 5 ingredients! We like to keep it in the shower, so it warms up with the heat of the water. Use all over the body, great before applying your favourite natural self-tanner. 😉
- Coconut Oil (for example, we like Lucy Bee and Biona – but any natural brand which is 100% coconut oil)
- Demerara Sugar
- A natural oil, such as jojoba (you can get this at a natural health food store like Whole Foods, Planet Organic or Revital)
- If you like an essential oil for their aromatherapy effect and to fill the bathroom with fragrance you can add a few drops of essential oils. We are big fans of Florame.
- Jar for mixing and storage (glass is best!)
- Half fill the jar with coconut oil. If it’s too solid, you can heat it up or keep it in a warm place until it melts a bit.
- Add the sugar to the oil, tablespoon at a time and mix with a spoon until you get your desired consistency. If it gets too grainy, add more coconut oil.
- Stir in 1/2-1 teaspoons (depending on the size of your jar) of your oil and mix thorough.