Just in time for Christmas, a delicious MACACHA cake with Yerba Mate icing!
- 500g self raising flour
- 300g sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 70g Macacha Energy
- 240ml vegetable oil
- 350ml oats milk
- 50g of strong yerba mate tea
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Strong yerba mate tea as needed
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Prepare the cake tin spraying vegetable oil on it and sifting flour afterwards
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients (don't overmix, stop when ingredients are just combined)
- Put the mix in the floured tin as quickly as possible
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 50-55 minutes
- In a bowl mix the icing sugar with the Yerba Mate tea until a paste is formed, add the tea until the paste has icing consistency. icing shouldn't be runny.