Cacao and Cherry plant protein truffles are on of our favourite recipes!
- 60 g frozen cherries
- 20 g walnuts
- 40g cashews
- 60 g MACACHA plant protein
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 100g 90% dark chocolate
- Freeze dried strawberries or raspberries to decorate – optional
- Place the cherries in a food processor, pulsing a couple of time to break them down. Add the cashews and walnuts and blend again, then add your MACACHA, coconut cream and cacao powder. Blend until you have a sticky mix.
- Use a teaspoon to portion out and roll into balls. Place on a cling film lined tray and insert a cocktail stick into the top of each one. Pop in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Using the cocktail stick, dip each ball in the chocolate. Turn gently to drain off any excess then replace on the lined tray. Return to the fridge to set for 15 minutes. Once hardened re dip in any remaining chocolate (if it’s solidified simply pop back over the pan of water to remelt) and sprinkle with your crushed berries if using.
- Return to the fridge to firm up then gently remove the cocktail sticks. They will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.