If we could celebrate this day every day we would! Happy #worldporridgeday. If you like us are feeling the need for a warming and filling breakfast to kick-start your day, we have just the trick!
Grab some organic cooking apples and stew them up with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a spoonful of organic marmalade and enjoy with your warming breakfast bowl of oats.
Serves 1 - 2
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of MACACHA plant protein (Energy or Peace)
- 1 spoonful of organic marmalade (Daylesford Organics is delicious!)
- ¾ cup of porridge oat
- ½ cup of nut mylk
- ½ cup of water
- Sprinkle of salt
- Raisins (optional)
- Place the apples in a pan with 50ml of water and simmer until the apples have softened and the water reduced.
- Turn up the heat and add the honey or maple syrup and cinnamon and the marmalade. You can make this a day before serving (and heat up again when needed).
- Add the oats, nut m*ylk, salt and MACACHA plant protein into a big saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and simmer for 4-5 mins until creamy and the consistency you like it Place into serving bowls and add the stewed apples on top.
The perfect breakfast bowl for those chillier mornings when you need that extra boost to get you out the door...we know the feeling!