Makes 14-16 bars
- 160g rolled oats
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g pistachios
- 40g MACACHA plant protein
- 2 tablespoons (14g) ground flaxseed or a mixture of ground flaxseed + chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80g almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 140ml nut milk
- 120g pureed pear
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Grease and line a brownie tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, MACACHA plant protein, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, pistachios cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Cut the pear into quarters, remove the core and blend to a smooth purée in a high speed blender or food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the almond butter, coconut oil and nut milk. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour into your prepared baking pan and smooth the top, make sure to firmly pressed down to prevent the finished bars from crumbling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to go cold before cutting into bars.