Raw chocolate plant protein nut utter cups
- 100g of cacao butter
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of our Hazelnut & Cashew PEACE butter
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- paper petit fours cases
- Place the cacao butter in a bowl above a pan of boiling water, keep the pan on a low heat and let the butter melt gently, stirring every now and again.
- Once melted add the maple syrup and raw cacao, use a hand whisk to combine and leave on the side to cool for 5 minutes. It will thicken slightly.
- Organise your petit four cases onto a tray and clear a space in the fridge.
- Using a tablespoon half fill the cases with your chocolate mix. Then, using a teaspoon place a small amount of the nut butter into the centre of each chocolate before covering with more of the chocolate. Sprinkle each cup with a few of the roasted hazelnuts.
- Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set, they can then be packed into boxes or bags so if you’re lacking in space it’s quite easy to do them in batches. If you find your mix is setting slightly when doing this pop back over the pan of water for a minute or so to re-melt.
- These beauties should be enjoyed straight from the fridge and will keep for a month. Alternatively you can keep them in the freezer for 3 months. They are great to make in large quantities to have on hand as an impressive looking treat or end to a meal with friends, 10 minutes out of the freezer and they’re ready to be devoured.