Makes 1 x 300g jar
- 200g cashews
- 100g hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Macacha PEACE blend
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 190C, line a baking tray with baking parchment (choose one with a significant lip around the edge rather than a flat one).
- Place your hazelnuts on the lined tray and into the oven to roast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the cashews to a food processor and pulse until ground to a fine powder.
- Give the hazelnuts a gentle shake and return to the oven for a further 3-5 minutes until lightly golden and aromatic but not over browned (as then they become bitter).
- Once golden add to the food processor with the cinnamon (if using) and blend until a smooth nut butter forms. (Depending on the strength of your blender this will take between 5-10 minutes). You will need to scrape down the sides intermittently to make sure everything is incorporated smoothly.
- Once beautifully silky add your Macacha PEACE blend and whizz once more until totally combined.
- Decant into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, if your kitchen is particularly warm keep it in the fridge otherwise it will be fine at room temperature for a month after opening.
As an alternative to making your own delicious blend we also recommend simply combining 1-2 tablespoons (depending on the size of the jar) of your chosen Macacha blend with your favourite nut butter for a super sonic snack, porridge or toast topper. Our favourite brands are Pip & Nut and Meridian.