- 4 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- a handful of berries, can be fresh, frozen and thawed or sundried, they all taste good (bonus nachos if you foraged them yourself!)
For the crumble topping:
- 120grs of gluten free flour
- 80grs rough rolled oats
- Pinch of cinnamon (or your favourite sweet spice, some suggestions: cardamom, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and star anise all work incredibly well)
- 200ml of solidified coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 / gas 4
- mix all ingredients for the filling in an ovenproof dish and set aside
- mix topping ingredients in a bowl together, use your fingers to mix until you get a crumbly dough, do not overmix as we don't want the coconut oil to melt or the flour to release any more gluten than necessary.
- Spread topping over the filling and bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Tip: it you are gluten intolerant you can replace the wheat flour with gluten free mix. Make sure the oats are free from too. Works just as well!